Soft coolers are an essential part of any outdoor adventure. Whether you’re out camping, fishing, or just spending a day at the beach, a good soft cooler is essential for keeping your food and drinks cold and fresh. But if you’re going to be on the water, you’ll need something a little tougher. That’s where marine soft coolers come in.
Marine soft coolers are designed to stand up to the rigors of the water. They’re made of thick, waterproof materials that are designed to keep the contents cool and dry in any conditions. They’re also designed to be lightweight and easy to carry, making them perfect for any water-based activity.
In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the best marine soft coolers on the market. We’ll look at the features that make them stand out, as well as their pros and cons. So, let’s get started!
Best Marine Soft Coolers
The best marine soft coolers are the Engel Coastal Cruiser and the Yeti Hopper Flip. The Engel Coastal Cruiser is made with a heavy-duty PVC tarpaulin exterior and a seamless, watertight zipper. It is also equipped with a removable shoulder strap, two large handles, and multiple pockets for extra storage. The Yeti Hopper Flip is constructed with a waterproof, dustproof, and puncture-resistant DryHide Shell. It also features a wide-mouth opening for easy loading and unloading and ColdCell insulation to keep food and drinks cold for up to 24 hours. They are designed to be lightweight, durable, and ready for the toughest marine conditions.
- Yeti Hopper Flip: Yeti is well-known for its high-quality coolers, and the Hopper Flip is no exception. It features a durable construction with a waterproof and leakproof shell, making it perfect for marine environments. The cooler offers excellent insulation and can keep ice for extended periods.
- Engel HD30: The Engel HD30 is another top-rated marine soft cooler that offers exceptional performance. It has a rugged exterior and high-density foam insulation, ensuring superior ice retention. The cooler is also resistant to UV rays, mildew, and punctures, making it highly durable for marine use.
- RTIC Soft Pack: The RTIC Soft Pack is a popular choice among boaters for its affordability and reliable performance. It features a tough, puncture-resistant exterior and a heavy-duty zipper. The cooler provides excellent insulation and can retain ice for extended periods, even in hot weather.
- Pelican Elite Soft Cooler: Pelican is known for its rugged and durable products, and the Elite Soft Cooler is no different. It offers superior insulation, leakproof construction, and a durable exterior shell. The cooler also features a convenient carry strap and multiple pockets for storage.
- Igloo Marine Ultra Cooler: The Igloo Marine Ultra Cooler is designed specifically for marine use. It features UV inhibitors to protect against sun damage and a non-slip, easy-to-clean exterior. The cooler has excellent insulation and can keep ice for extended periods.
Both of these coolers offer great value for the money, as they are designed to last and can keep items cold for extended periods of time. They are also easy to transport and take up minimal space. Both coolers are made with marine-grade materials and are designed to be leak-proof, so you can trust them to keep your food and drinks safe and secure for your next nautical adventure.
Best boat cooler with wheels
If you’re looking for a boat marine cooler with wheels, the best option is one that is durable, has good insulation, and is easy to transport. Look for a cooler that is made of heavy-duty materials like stainless steel or rotomolded plastic, and that has thick, insulated walls to keep contents cold for long periods of time. It should have a sturdy handle and large, easy-rolling wheels to make it easy to transport, as well as a secure lid and drainage plug.
- Igloo Marine Ultra Cooler — This durable cooler is designed to withstand tough marine conditions and features a durable lid and stainless steel handle with wheels.
- YETI Tundra Haul Portable Wheeled Cooler — This heavy-duty cooler features a rotomolded construction and puncture-resistant body for added durability, as well as integrated locking handles and heavy-duty wheels for easy transporting.
- Engel Deep Blue 65-Quart Wheeled Cooler — This highly efficient cooler features a roto-molded construction, UV-resistant body, and an easy-to-clean interior, as well as heavy-duty wheels and a comfortable handle for easy transporting.
- Coleman Xtreme Marine Portable Cooler — This budget-friendly cooler is designed to keep your beverages and food cold, and features a large storage capacity and rustproof, leak-resistant drain. It also comes with heavy-duty wheels and a retractable handle for easy transporting.
- Cabela’s Polar Cap Equalizer Marine Cooler — This heavy-duty cooler is designed to keep your items cold for up to four days, and features a rugged body and a UV-resistant exterior, as well as a recessed drain and an easy-to-clean liner. It also comes with heavy-duty wheels and a comfortable handle for easy transporting.
When shopping for a boat marine cooler with wheels, consider how much storage space you need and whether you’ll be using it for transporting large items. Look for a model that has enough compartments and pockets to accommodate your items and make them easy to access. Check for features like cup holders, a cutting board or tray, and a built-in bottle opener. Make sure the cooler is waterproof and easy to clean.
Types of Marine Soft Coolers for Boats
Marine soft coolers are insulated containers designed for outdoor recreational activities, such as camping, fishing, boating, and picnicking. They are available in a variety of sizes and styles, ranging from small lunch-sized bags to large wheeled coolers.
- Soft-Sided Coolers: Soft-sided coolers are the most common type of marine soft coolers. They are typically made of durable, waterproof materials such as nylon or polyester. These coolers are lightweight, easy to carry, and flexible, allowing for convenient storage on your boat.
- Backpack Coolers: Backpack coolers are designed like a backpack, with shoulder straps for easy carrying. They are a popular choice for boating because they offer hands-free convenience and distribute the weight evenly on your back. Backpack coolers often have multiple compartments and pockets for organizing your belongings.
- Tote Bag Coolers: Tote bag coolers resemble regular tote bags but are insulated to keep your items cold. They offer ample storage space and are easy to carry with their sturdy handles. Tote bag coolers are versatile and can be used for various boating activities beyond just keeping your drinks and food cold.
- Roll-Top Dry Bag Coolers: Roll-top dry bag coolers are designed to be completely waterproof and are ideal for boating adventures where your gear may get wet. These coolers have a roll-top closure that creates a watertight seal, keeping your items dry even if submerged. They are durable and can withstand rugged marine environments.
- Shoulder Bag Coolers: Shoulder bag coolers are compact and convenient, designed to be worn over the shoulder or carried by the handle. They offer easy access to your belongings and are suitable for short boating trips or when space is limited.
The most common types of marine soft coolers are waterproof and constructed of nylon, vinyl, or neoprene for extra durability. They are designed to keep food and drinks cold for extended periods of time, even in the hottest weather. If You want to cool more try best marine refrigeratos. Most models also feature compartments to store utensils, cups, plates, and other items, as well as a shoulder strap or handles for easy carrying.
Hard-sided coolers are the most popular type of marine soft cooler. They’re made of thick plastic or metal, so they’re strong and durable. They also have a tight seal, so they keep your food and drinks cold for hours.
Soft-sided coolers are similar to hard-sided coolers, but they’re made of a soft material like canvas or nylon. They’re lightweight and easy to carry, but they’re not as strong as hard-sided coolers.
Inflatable coolers are made of a thick, waterproof material. They’re lightweight and easy to carry, and they can be inflated to create a tight seal. They’re perfect for keeping your food and drinks cold in any condition.
Features to Look for in a Marine Soft Cooler
When shopping for a marine soft cooler for your boat, there are several features to consider. Look for a cooler that is constructed with heavy duty marine grade material, such as PVC that is designed to handle the harsh environment of the marine environment. Make sure the cooler is well insulated and has a gasket seal around the lid to ensure that it is airtight and will keep your food and drinks cold for long periods of time. Look for a cooler with a wide mouth opening to make it easier to reach food and drinks and also to make it easier to clean.
The size of the cooler is important. You want to make sure it’s big enough to hold all of the food and drinks you need, but not so big that it’s difficult to carry.
Look for a cooler that has good insulation. Thick walls and a tight seal will help keep your food and drinks cold for hours.
The material of the cooler is important. Make sure it’s thick and waterproof, so it can stand up to the rigors of the water.
Make sure the cooler is strong and durable. Look for one that’s made of tough, waterproof materials that won’t break down over time.
Are soft-sided coolers worth it for Boats
Yes, soft-sided coolers are worth it. They are lightweight and portable, making them great for picnics, camping, beach trips, and more. They are also much more affordable than hard-sided coolers, and they keep food and drinks cold for a long time. They are also easier to store, as they collapse when empty.
Soft-sided coolers are also great for storing perishable items, such as fruits and vegetables, as they are leak-proof and keep food fresh for longer. Their insulated material helps to keep food and drinks cold for hours, even in hot weather. Most soft-sided coolers have adjustable straps or handles for easy carrying, making them ideal for travelers.
Best Marine Soft Coolers for 2023
Now that we’ve taken a look at the features to look for in a marine soft cooler, let’s take a look at some of the best on the market. Here are our top picks:
The Engel HD30 is a hard-sided cooler that’s made of thick, durable plastic. It’s waterproof and insulated to keep your food and drinks cold for hours. It also has a tight seal, so it won’t leak when you’re on the water.
Yeti Hopper Flip 8
The Yeti Hopper Flip 8 is a soft-sided cooler that’s made of tough, waterproof material. It has a tight seal and good insulation, so it keeps your food and drinks cold for hours. It also has a shoulder strap for easy carrying.
Intex Mega Chill II
The Intex Mega Chill II is an inflatable cooler that’s made of thick, waterproof material. It has good insulation and a tight seal, so it keeps your food and drinks cold for hours. It’s also lightweight and easy to carry.
What is the best marine soft cooler for keeping ice cold for an extended period?
The best marine soft cooler for long-lasting ice retention is typically one that has high-quality insulation, such as thick foam or multiple layers of insulation. Look for coolers that are advertised to retain ice for 24 hours or more.
Can I use a marine soft cooler for both hot and cold items?
Yes, many marine soft coolers are designed to keep both hot and cold items. Look for coolers that have thermal insulation properties and are capable of maintaining the desired temperature for an extended period. Some coolers even come with removable heat-sealed liners that can be used to keep food warm.
Are marine soft coolers waterproof?
While marine soft coolers are designed to be water-resistant and able to withstand splashes and light rain, not all of them are completely waterproof. If you require a cooler that can handle submersion or heavy rain, look for models that explicitly state they are waterproof or have a roll-top closure system for added water resistance.
Soft coolers are an essential part of any outdoor adventure, and marine soft coolers are perfect for activities on the water. They’re made of thick, waterproof materials and they’re designed to keep your food and drinks cold and fresh. When shopping for a marine soft cooler, make sure to look for one that’s the right size, has good insulation, and is made of durable materials. If You are more interested to keep Your temperature low check out our thoughts about marine air conditioners.
We hope this article has helped you find the best marine soft cooler for your needs. Happy shopping!