The possibilities for lighting up your boat are virtually endless. From a simple light bar to a more elaborate lighting system, there are plenty of options available. LED spreader lights are one of the most popular choices for boat owners, and for good reason. They provide more than just illumination, they also enhance the look of your boat. In this article, we’ll discuss them and the features to look for when choosing one.
Best Marine LED Spreader Lights
The best marine LED spreader lights are those that are designed for marine use, meaning they are waterproof, shockproof, and corrosion-resistant. They should also be bright, long-lasting, and energy-efficient, providing a consistent and reliable light source. They are great for lighting up larger areas, such as decks and docks, and they can be adjusted to provide a wide range of lighting angles. They are generally more affordable than traditional halogen lights.
- Seasense LED Deck Spreader Light: Known for its high-intensity output and low power draw. It’s resistant to corrosion and waterproof, making it suitable for the marine environment.
- T‑Toplights LED Spreader Light: This light is designed to be mounted on the T‑top of a boat. It’s energy-efficient, has high output, and comes with a durable housing that’s resistant to corrosion.
- Jiawill Cree LED Marine Spreader Light: This light uses Cree LED technology, ensuring high brightness with lower power consumption. It’s also designed with stainless steel mounting hardware and has a lifespan of over 30,000 hours.
- North American Signal LEDQ375‑A Class 1 LED High Power Warning Light: This light has a high output, is waterproof, and is designed to withstand harsh environments. It’s perfect for use on marine vessels and comes with a five-year warranty.
- Partsam 2pcs Waterproof Boat Marine Lights: These lights are not only bright but are also waterproof, ensuring they can withstand harsh marine conditions. They are easy to install and have a low power draw.
When selecting marine LED spreader lights, it is important to consider the area that needs to be illuminated. LEDs are available in a range of wattages, so it is important to choose the right one for the job. Additionally, look for lights with adjustable mounting brackets and beam angles, so you can customize the light’s spread and position. You should also consider the color temperature of the light, as well as its beam width, lumens, and CRI rating. Finally, be sure to check the warranty and technical support offered by the manufacturer.
What are Marine LED Spreader Lights?
They are a type of boat lighting that is typically used to light up larger areas. They are designed to spread the light in multiple directions, providing more illumination to the surrounding area. LED spreader lights are typically mounted on the deck of the boat, and can be used for both functional lighting and decorative lighting.
Benefits of Marine LED Spreader Lights
There are several benefits to installing LED spreader lights on your boat. They are more efficient than other types of lighting, which means they use less energy and last longer. They also produce less heat, making them safer to use in marine environments.
- Increased visibility and safety: produce a bright, white light that helps to illuminate the area around a boat, making it easier to see obstacles and other boats.
- Improved efficiency: use significantly less energy than traditional halogen bulbs, which helps to reduce power consumption and save fuel.
- Longer life: much longer life than traditional halogen bulbs, with some estimated to last up to 50,000 hours.
- Low maintenance: require very little maintenance, making them an excellent choice for marine applications.
- Durability: highly durable and resistant to corrosion, making them suitable for even the harshest marine environments.
They can be used to light up decks, docks, or other areas of your boat. They are also much brighter than traditional halogen lights, allowing you to see better in low-light conditions.
Types of Marine LED Spreader Lights
There are several different types of marine LED spreader lights available. The most popular type is the LED flood light, which is designed to spread light over a large area. They are another popular option, as they are designed to concentrate light in a specific area. There are also LED strip lights, which are great for providing accent lighting in small spaces.
- Deck Lights: These are spreader lights specifically designed to illuminate the deck of the boat. They’re great for night fishing, docking, or any other activities that require a well-lit deck.
- T‑Top Lights: These spreader lights are designed to be mounted on the T‑top of a boat. They cast a wide beam of light, illuminating a large area beneath them.
- Underwater Lights: While not traditionally considered spreader lights, underwater LED lights serve a similar purpose, illuminating the water beneath and around the boat. They’re particularly popular on sport fishing boats.
- Docking Lights: These spreader lights are designed to aid in docking. They provide illumination forward of the boat, helping the pilot navigate in low-light conditions.
- Floodlights: These are high-intensity LED lights designed to flood a large area with light. They’re often used on larger boats where a significant amount of illumination is required.
Marine LED spreader lights are light fixtures that are designed to provide a wide area of illumination in the marine environment. They are typically mounted on the deck or elsewhere on the outside of the boat and can be used to provide general lighting, as well as improve visibility in fog or darkness. Marine LED spreader lights are typically available in a variety of sizes, wattages, colors, and types, including spotlights, floodlights, and combination lights. They are also designed to be highly durable and weather resistant, making them an ideal choice for boaters looking to light up the night.
Features to Look For in Marine LED Spreader Lights
When shopping for marine LED spreader lights, there are several features to consider. It’s important to look for lights that are durable and waterproof, as they will be exposed to the elements. Look for lights with adjustable mounting brackets, as this will allow you to customize the placement of the lights.
- Waterproof/Weatherproof Rating: rated IP68 or higher, so they can withstand the elements of the sea.
- Lumens: produce a high lumen output, so you can see clearly when navigating in the dark.
- Durability: constructed from quality materials and are built to last.
- Adjustability: adjusted for wider or narrower beams of light.
- Color Temperature: offer a range of color temperatures, so you can customize your lighting to match your needs.
- Installation: easy to install and require minimal maintenance.
Also, consider the wattage of the lights, as this will determine the brightness of the lights. If You need more power read about led light bars.
Best Marine LED Spreader Lights in 2023
The best marine LED spreader lights for beginners depend on the size of the boat and the type of lighting desired. Some important factors to consider when choosing them include brightness, beam angle, and color temperature. Additionally, it is important to consider the power requirements of the LED spreader lights and whether the lights are waterproof. LED spreader lights are designed to be low-maintenance and energy-efficient, so they are an ideal choice for beginners.
Lumitec Caprera2 LED Flood Light
The Lumitec Caprera2 LED Flood Light is one of the most popular marine LED spreader lights on the market. This light is designed to be energy efficient and long lasting, and it produces a bright, even light. The adjustable mounting brackets make it easy to customize the placement of the light, and it is also waterproof and corrosion resistant.
Aqua Signal Series 50 LED Spreader Light
The Aqua Signal Series 50 LED Spreader Light is a great option for those looking for a reliable, high-quality light. This light is designed to be energy efficient, and it produces a bright, even light. It is also waterproof and corrosion-resistant, making it ideal for marine environments. The adjustable mounting bracket makes it easy to customize the placement of the light.
CST Lighting D‑Series LED Flood Light
The CST Lighting D‑Series LED Flood Light is an excellent option for those looking for a reliable, bright light. This light produces a bright, even light and is designed to be energy efficient. It is also waterproof and corrosion-resistant, making it ideal for marine environments. The adjustable mounting bracket makes it easy to customize the placement of the light.
Vision X Superwhite LED Spreader Light
The Vision X Superwhite LED Spreader Light is an excellent option for those looking for a bright, reliable light. This light is designed to be energy efficient and long lasting, and it produces a bright, even light. The adjustable mounting bracket makes it easy to customize the placement of the light, and it is also waterproof and corrosion-resistant.
Things to Consider Before Purchasing a Marine LED Spreader Lights
When purchasing a marine LED spreader light, there are a few things to consider. You should make sure that the light is designed for marine use and is waterproof and corrosion resistant. You should also consider the wattage of the light, as this will determine the brightness of the light.
- Brightness: The main purpose of spreader lights is to illuminate a large area, so it’s crucial to choose lights that are bright enough for your needs. Brightness in LED lights is often measured in lumens, so look for this specification when comparing different options.
- Durability: Marine environments can be harsh, so it’s essential to choose lights that are sturdy and built to last. Look for lights that are water-resistant, corrosion-resistant, and built with high-quality materials.
- Energy Consumption: LED lights are known for their energy efficiency, but there can still be some variation between different models. Check the power usage of any lights you’re considering, especially if you’ll be using them for extended periods.
- Beam Angle: The beam angle of a light refers to the spread of light it provides. A wider beam angle will cover a larger area but may be less intense, while a narrower beam will be more focused and intense.
- Installation and Mounting: Consider how the lights will be installed on your boat. Some lights come with all necessary mounting hardware, while others might require you to purchase additional accessories. Also consider the size and shape of your boat and where the lights can be installed.
- Price: As with any purchase, price is a consideration. More expensive lights often offer better performance and durability, but there are also many affordable options that can still meet your needs.
You should look for lights with adjustable mounting brackets, as this will allow you to customize the placement of the lights. You should consider the budget you have available, as LED spreader lights can vary in price.
What color LED lights are best for boats?
The best color LED lights for boats depend on the purpose of the lights. For navigation, white lights are best because they provide the most visibility. For accent lighting, blue or green lights are the most popular choices. Red lights are often used as running lights or to mark boundaries.
The type of lighting also matters. LED strip lights are popular for accent lighting on boats because they are easy to install and provide a wide range of colors. They are the best choice as they provide a focused beam of light that can be seen from a distance.
Installing marine LED spreader lights is relatively simple. Most lights come with all the necessary hardware and instructions for installation. Before you begin, make sure to read the instructions carefully and follow all safety precautions. If you are unsure of how to install the lights, it is best to consult a professional.
Care and Maintenance
To keep your marine LED spreader lights in good working condition, it is important to follow a few simple maintenance tips. First, make sure to keep the lights clean and free of dirt and debris. You should also check the wiring and connections regularly, and make sure that they are tight and secure. Additionally, you should inspect the lights for any damage or wear and tear. If you notice any issues, it is best to contact a professional to have the lights repaired or replaced.
When using marine LED spreader lights, it is important to follow a few safety tips. First, make sure that the lights are installed properly and securely. Make sure to turn the lights off when not in use to avoid any potential hazards. Keep the lights away from flammable materials, and never leave the lights unattended. Following these safety tips will help ensure that your lights remain safe and secure.
What are the benefits of using marine LED spreader lights?
Marine LED spreader lights offer many advantages. They are energy-efficient, durable, and able to withstand harsh marine environments. Their brightness can enhance visibility on your boat, making it safer to navigate in low light conditions. Moreover, they have a longer lifespan compared to traditional lighting options.
Are all marine LED spreader lights waterproof?
While most marine LED spreader lights are designed to withstand marine conditions, not all of them may be fully waterproof. It’s essential to check the product specifications before making a purchase. Look for lights that are rated as waterproof or water-resistant to ensure they can handle exposure to water.
How can I determine the brightness of a marine LED spreader light?
The brightness of LED lights is often measured in lumens. The higher the lumens, the brighter the light. When choosing a marine LED spreader light, consider your specific lighting needs based on the size of your boat and the typical lighting conditions you navigate in.
Marine LED spreader lights are a great way to light up your boat. They are more efficient than other types of lighting, and they provide more illumination in low-light conditions. When shopping for marine LED spreader lights, it’s important to consider the features and look for lights that are durable and waterproof. The Lumitec Caprera2 LED Flood Light, Aqua Signal Series 50 LED Spreader Light, CST Lighting D‑Series LED Flood Light, and Vision X Superwhite LED Spreader Light are all great options.