If you’re looking for a way to make towing and maneuvering trailers easier, then electric trailer dollies for boats might just be the solution you need. Electric trailer dollies provide a much simpler and more efficient way of moving trailers, and are becoming increasingly popular for a variety of applications. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of them on the market and explore their features, advantages, and drawbacks.
Best Electric Trailer Dollies for Boats
The best electric trailer dollies for boats are those that provide reliable and efficient performance for a reasonable price. Look for one that has a durable frame and motor, good battery life, and easy maneuverability. Make sure it has enough power to handle the size and weight of your trailer, and be sure to check the safety features, such as brakes and emergency shutoffs.
- Parkit360 Force 5K B2 Motorized Trailer Dolly — With a capacity of 5000 lbs, this dolly is a great choice for moving medium-sized boats. It’s compact, easy to operate, and includes a built-in brake controller for added safety.
- Trailer Valet RVR5 Remote Controlled Trailer Dolly — This dolly is remote-controlled and can move trailers up to 5500 lbs. The adjustable tracks add versatility, making it compatible with a range of trailer sizes.
- Mighty Rock Electric Trailer Dolly 8000 lbs Motorized Trailer Jack — A powerful and robust option, this dolly can handle boats up to 8000 lbs. It comes with a rechargeable battery and hitch ball for easy attachment.
- Lippert Components 679276 12V Trailer Mover — Known for its user-friendly design, this model is suitable for trailers up to 5000 lbs. It’s efficient, lightweight and easy to maneuver.
- Purple Line EM4445 Enduro Trailer Mover — This is a durable and powerful choice, able to handle trailers up to 8800 lbs. It has an advanced anti-theft system and is known for its smooth operation.
- Trailer Valet XL Pro — This dolly stands out with its impressive capacity of 12,000 lbs and its sleek, corrosion-resistant design. It comes with a handy remote control feature and an automatic brake system for added safety.
- Power Caster PC‑3 — A robust, time-tested option that can handle trailers up to 15,000 lbs. It’s not the most modern looking device, but it’s known for its durability and power.
- Happybuy Trailer Mover 350W — This is a cost-effective option for smaller boats, with a capacity of 5000 lbs. It’s lightweight, easy to operate, and comes with a built-in brake system.
- SuperHandy Trailer Dolly Electric Power 3600Lbs Max — This is a versatile, user-friendly option with a capacity of 3600 lbs. It’s perfect for those looking for an easy-to-maneuver, compact solution.
- Mini Mover Generation 2 — Motorized Electric Trailer Dolly — An easy-to-use, lightweight option for trailers up to 6000 lbs. It has a longer running time, a high-torque motor, and a safety brake system.
Consider the terrain you’ll be using it on, as some models are better suited for certain terrain types. Read reviews to get an understanding of how the product performs in real-world applications.
Also consider the customer service of the company that makes the electric trailer dolly. Look for one that offers a warranty and good customer service, so if you experience any issues you can get help quickly. Look for a dolly that is easy to assemble and disassemble. This will make it easier to transport and set up the dolly when you need to use it. Make sure it is compatible with the trailer hitch on your vehicle. This will ensure that the dolly can be used safely and securely.
What is an Electric Trailer Dolly for Boat?
An electric trailer dolly is a device that can be attached to the front of a trailer. It is powered by a motor and is designed to make it easier to move and maneuver the trailer. With an trailer dolly, you can easily move the trailer in any direction, including forward, reverse, and sideways. This allows you to easily move the trailer into tight spaces or around obstacles without having to worry about complicated maneuvering.
An electric trailer dolly for boats is a motorized device that can be used to move a boat trailer from one location to another. It is powered by an electric motor, and has a control system that allows you to control the speed, direction, and braking of the trailer. It is typically towed behind a vehicle, and is designed to make it easier to maneuver a boat trailer in tight spaces.
Advantages of Electric Trailer Dollies
There are many advantages to using an electric trailer dolly. The most obvious advantage is that it makes it much easier to move and maneuver trailers. Instead of having to manually push or pull a trailer, you can simply use the electric motor to move it. This makes it much easier to move the trailer in tight spaces or around obstacles.
- Easier to maneuver: Much easier to maneuver than manual dollies, allowing you to safely and securely transport your boat to the water.
- Increased control: Offer increased control and stability when launching your boat, allowing you to keep your boat in the center of the trailer and safely launch it.
- Faster launch times: Allow you to launch your boat quickly and efficiently, reducing the time you spend setting up and launching your boat.
- Cost effective: Cost effective option for safely and securely transporting your boat to and from the water.
- Lightweight: Lightweight and easy to transport, enabling you to easily take them with you wherever you go.
Another advantage is that electric trailer dollies are much more efficient than manual trailer dollies. Electric trailer dollies can move the trailer much faster and more smoothly than manual trailer dollies, which can save time and reduce fatigue. They are also much more powerful, so they can be used to move heavier trailers more easily.
Types of Electric Trailer Dollies For Boats
There are several different types of electric trailer dollies available on the market. The most common type is the tow dolly, which is designed to be towed behind a vehicle. This type of dolly is typically used for towing smaller trailers, such as jet skis, boats, or ATVs.
- Manual Electric Trailer Dollies: these are designed to be operated by hand and typically require the user to turn a crank or lever to move the trailer dolly.
- Hydraulic Electric Trailer Dollies: these are powered by either a battery or an electric motor and use hydraulic fluid to power the wheels.
- Remote Control Electric Trailer Dollies: these offer the most convenience and are operated with a remote control. This allows the user to maneuver the trailer dolly from a distance.
- Winch Electric Trailer Dollies: these are powered by trailer winches and use a cable or chain to move the trailer dolly.
- Motorized Electric Trailer Dollies: these are powered by an electric motor and are typically used for larger boats.
There are also electric trailer dollies that are designed to be mounted on the front of a trailer. These are typically used for larger trailers, such as campers or RVs. These dollies are typically powered by a 12V battery and can be used to move the trailer in any direction.
Features to Look for in an Electric Trailer Dolly
When shopping for an electric trailer dolly, there are a few important features to consider. You’ll want to make sure that the dolly is rated for the weight of the trailer you’re planning to tow. You’ll also want to make sure that the dolly has enough power to move the trailer in the direction you need.
You’ll also want to consider the size and weight of the dolly. Larger, heavier dollies can be more difficult to maneuver, but they are usually more powerful and can move heavier trailers more easily. On the other hand, smaller, lighter dollies are easier to maneuver but may not be able to move heavier trailers.
Best Electric Trailer Dollies for Boats in 2023
When looking for an electric trailer dolly for a boat, you should look for one that is strong and durable, with a powerful motor and good braking system. It should also have good maneuverability and be able to handle the weight of your boat trailer. You should make sure the dolly has a long battery life, so you can be sure you won’t run out of power during use. Look for a model that is easy to set up and use, so you don’t have to spend extra time and effort on it.
- SeaSense X‑Troll Trailer Dolly
- Shoreline Marine Trailer Dolly
- Fulton Trailer Dolly
- BoatBuckle Trailer Dolly
- Extreme Max Boat Lift Trailer Dolly
- ShoreMaster Trailer Dolly
When choosing an electric trailer dolly for a boat, safety is also an important consideration. Make sure the model you select has a high-quality braking system, so you can be sure that it will stop safely when needed. You should check for a sturdy frame and base, as well as wheels that can handle different terrain and terrain changes. Look for a dolly that is corrosion-resistant and waterproof, so it can withstand the elements. Make sure the model is equipped with a comfortable handle, so you can maneuver it easily.
TowSmart Electric Tow Dolly
The TowSmart Electric Tow Dolly is a great option for anyone looking for an easy-to-use tow dolly. It features a powerful 12V motor and can move up to 2,000 pounds. The dolly also comes with a wireless remote control, making it easy to control the dolly from a distance.
Weigh Safe Electric Trailer Dolly
The Weigh Safe Electric Trailer Dolly is a great option for anyone looking for a powerful and reliable trailer dolly. It features a powerful 24V motor and can move up to 6,000 pounds. It also features a built-in load scale, so you can easily tell if the trailer is getting too heavy.
Ultra-Tow Electric Trailer Dolly
The Ultra-Tow Electric Trailer Dolly is a great option for anyone looking for a powerful and reliable trailer dolly. It features a powerful 24V motor and can move up to 8,000 pounds. It also features a wireless remote control, making it easy to control the dolly from a distance.
Pros and Cons of Electric Trailer Dollies
Electric trailer dollies for boats can be a great asset for those who need to transport their boats from one location to another. They offer a lot of benefits, such as being easy to maneuver, lightweight, and less expensive than a traditional trailer. They can also be limited in their power and capacity, and may not be suitable for larger boats. They are only designed to move boats on flat surfaces, so they may not be suitable for off-road conditions.
- Easier to maneuver trailers in tight spaces or around obstacles
- More efficient than manual trailer dollies
- Can move heavier trailers more easily
- Wireless remote control makes it easy to control the dolly from a distance
- More expensive than manual trailer dollies
- Can be difficult to maneuver in tight spaces
- Battery may need to be recharged frequently
- May not be suitable for towing large trailers
The main advantage of using an electric trailer dolly is that it is a much more convenient and cost-effective way to move a boat than a traditional trailer. They are small and lightweight, making them easy to maneuver, and they don’t require any special permits or insurance. They are powered by batteries, so you won’t need to worry about refueling or maintenance. Another benefit is that they don’t put any strain on the boat’s hull, as a traditional trailer might.
How do I know what weight capacity I need in an electric trailer dolly?
You should base this on the combined weight of your boat and trailer. Most boat owners’ manuals or product specifications will give you this information. Be sure to include any extra gear or equipment that you usually keep on your boat.
Can electric trailer dollies handle inclines?
Yes, most dollies can handle a certain degree of incline. However, the ability to handle slopes depends on factors such as the weight of your boat, the steepness of the incline, and the power of the dolly.
Are electric trailer dollies easy to operate?
Most electric trailer dollies are designed with ease of use in mind. They often come with remote controls, adjustable handles, and straightforward controls.
Electric trailer dollies for boats are a great way to make towing and maneuvering trailers easier. They are more powerful and efficient than manual trailer dollies, and can be used to move heavier trailers more easily. They also come with a variety of features, such as remote control and built-in load scales.
When shopping for an electric trailer dolly, it’s important to consider the size and weight of the dolly, as well as its power and capacity. It’s also important to make sure that the dolly is rated for the weight of the trailer you’re planning to tow. With these tips in mind, you should be able to find the perfect electric trailer dolly for your needs.